- Increasing your understanding of where your food comes from and how it’s grown
- Reducing your carbon footprint and supporting more environmentally friendly farming practices
- Supporting the local economy and encouraging a sense of community
- Increasing the health benefits and flavour of your food
- Improving food security
A list of local farms in the Merrickville-Wolford area is provided below. Each farm offers a choice of services from CSAs to home-cooked prepared meals, and many offer tours so you can see for yourself whether their practices meet your needs. Contact them to find out more about their products and open yourself up to a whole new range of possibilities.
Did you know? Community-supported agriculture (CSA) is a food production and distribution system that directly connects farmers and their customers. People pay upfront at the beginning of the season for their shares of a farm's harvest and then receive a portion of the crops as they are harvested. Check the list below for farms that offer CSAs.
If you know of a farm that we may want to add to the list, please contact us at: info@sustainableMW.org.
Local Farms and Community Gardens
- Produce is sold in stores and restaurants with some bulk orders offered for delivery or pick-up, contact the farm for more information.
- A CSA program is available with home delivery or pick up options.
- Fresh eggs and a variety of health and beauty products can be purchased directly from the farm.
- A CSA program is available; shares are completely customizable and available for weekly home delivery in designated locations or pickup at the farm.
- A farm stand is located at the corner of Flycreek and Jellyby road from May to October with market vegetables, transplants, and flowers.
- Preserves and savoury pies are available at the Brockville Farmers Market from May to December.
- A CSA program is available; produce is also available for sale to local restaurants and at local farmers' markets. Delivery is available at a flat rate to Brockville and the surrounding area; locations beyond can contact the farm to make arrangements.
- Weekly free deliveries are provided to customers in Ottawa/Gatineau and Brockville, or orders can be picked up at the farm in Brockville. Visit the farm website for more information.
- A CSA program is available; produce is also sold through local businesses, e.g., at Healthily Ever After in Merrickville.
- Honey is available for pick up from the farm or at Healthily Ever After and the Sunday Market in Merrickville; deliveries may be available depending on location.
- Sold directly from the farm.
- Weekly orders can be purchased via the website and picked up at the farmstand on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the summer and early fall.
- Prebuilt cedar raised beds are also available, with an extra charge for delivery. Purchases include free support for the 2021 growing season.
Pioneer GardensPioneer Gardens is a small-scale organic farm committed to creating a stable and sustainable site where food can continue to be produced for generations. Forty varieties of vegetables are grown on the farm each year using regenerative agriculture techniques.
- Produce is sold at the local Kemptville Market.
- Open pollinated and heirloom seeds will be available in the fall of 2021.
- A CSA program is available; produce will also available at local farmers’ markets when they are open; check for updates on their Facebook page including the possibility of an online farmers' market.
Windchime FarmWindchime Farm, a small family enterprise, raising grass-fed Belted Galloway Beef and Shropshire Lamb for the health conscious consumer's table.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org